HIRING: Provo Water Company Ltd. WATER QUALITY ASSISTANT (FULL TIME)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Water Quality Assistant reports directly to the Water Quality Manager
JOB DUTIES: (May include, but are not limited to, those duties listed below)
- Adhere to all ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation requirements.
- Obtain and maintain Lab Certification
- Learn and operates Laboratory Information Management System
- Collects water samples from distribution systems, treatment plants, and other sources, and logs water samples into the laboratory database.
- Performs technical duties in support of laboratory maintenance, including washing and preparing glassware and sampling equipment according to laboratory protocols; prepares, calibrates, operates, and performs minor and routine maintenance on standard sampling and laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Performs physical, chemical, biological, and bacteriological tests of water and other materials related to the treatment, quality, and distribution of water; uses field and laboratory wet bench chemistry methods in the analysis of samples.
- Maintains inventories of chemicals, equipment, and supplies.
- Conducts the investigation of customer water quality complaints regarding the potability of water.
- Prepares, completes, and maintains data records; enters reviewed data and results of analyses into the laboratory information management system.
- Perform data entry and reports.
- Performs other related duties that may be reasonably expected.
The position requires working indoors and outdoors. The use of cleaning and laboratory chemicals may expose the incumbent to fumes, dust, and contaminants. The nature of the work also requires, collecting samples, and entering customers’ homes to collect samples in the investigation of water quality complaints.
College-level coursework, which includes courses in chemistry, microbiology, or related courses with laboratory components (preferred). Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office. Laboratory experience is a plus.
Must be trustworthy, pays attention to details, and can work independently. A clean driving record and valid license, clean police record, and willingness to work a flexible schedule or outside typical laboratory hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
STARTING SALARY: $45,000 USD
DEADLINE: All applicants ( inclusive of the cover letter, CV & copies of qualification) must be submitted by February 15th, 2023 to: Sherry Bell-Parker email: S.firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: WATER QUALITY ASSISTANT_JOB 2023